Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Coding Suggestion Box

Prior to becoming a programming stud *manly flex* I often wanted to be able to ask real programmers questions since programming was my career path from high school. I had many long nights trying to figure out my Pythagorean command line programs in Yahoo Programming chat rooms which seemed to have few to no real programmers!

Well folks I am a real programmer, though far from the best! And I am here to lend a helping hand to coders or future coders.

I am taking this idea from Raymond Chen (Old New Thing) at Microsoft. (Raymond is the GURU at windows API and the guts of the OS, in my opinion, if you ever need to figure out how to have a remote object send a keyboard play key to the computer serving your music up to the office this is the guy to ask how to get 'er done{yes I have a "Music server" program that lets me control our office computer with speakers, hey its all the way like 15ft away I can't get up to mute the bad songs everytime!}) and opening up a suggestion box for problems people would like to see if I could solve. Not that I think I am as good as Raymond but sometimes Celeb's like him focus on their niche and can't get to little things.

I love trying to solve problems and helping people in the process is great. If I really started posting all my problems and solutions I would be on to a gold mine of posts but sometimes I just want to get my own problems behind me. So I view this as a sort of giving back, I remember when I started programming and wished there were some people I could ask questions or bounce ideas off of.

Well I am stepping up to fill that role on this blog! Just post a comment on this and I will review it and try to come up with a solution.

Lets try and stick to my focuses though (if you want a quick answer) :
  • .NET (C# or VB.NET, ASP.NET)
  • JavaScript
  • Ajax
  • SQL (MySQL, SQLServer )
  • HTML
  • XML
I am generally ok in other stuff (Java, Perl, Python, VBS) but more often I might not know.

So anyway let me know if you want to give me a challenge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An exfamily member emailed me to say that she knew all usernames (she has many addresses, as well.) She is very computer savvy. I think she is tracing my activities, she has done this before. My question is how does she knows this?